Sunday, October 18, 2009

My thoughts of Dad/Grandpa (in no particular order)

1. Of course one of the first things that comes to mind since Levi and I just went hunting are the hunting trips we went on. One in particular, just grandpa and I were hunting up Tripp Canyon. We came around a bend in the road and there was a deer up off the road about 30 or 40 yards. Grandpa told me "go ahead, you take it." That deer rolled down into the road and we had to move it so we could drive by and then load it in the back of the truck.

2. Deep pit BBQ. This time of year always reminds me of putting meat down and enjoying great BBQ from the freezer for quite some time.

3. I, like Michelle, always remember this time of year with the harvest going on. Long hours. Early morning til late at night. (Not necessarily fond memories!!!)

4. Trips to Mount Graham and cutting wood, spending time at the cabin, fishing (or putting our poles in the water hoping to catch something) at Riggs Lake, and picking raspberries.

5. Homemade: Rootbeer, ice Cream, chickens, turkeys, & pigs. Those darn pigs! Anyone remember the SMELL?

6. Dutch oven cooking. I have to say.......... Yes, I got Grandpa's talent!

7. Church service. My Patriarchal Blessing tells me I may be given an opportunity to serve as my Dad did. Just today, as I sat on the stand for Sacrament meeting I couldn't help but think that the blessing I received has/is coming to pass. How grateful I am for his wonderful example of church service.

8. Heritage. I thank Dad and Mom, Grandpa & Grandma for the wonderful heritage they created!

~Richie

p.s. Thanks Michelle for the reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment