Thursday, October 22, 2009

Carrie's Memories of Dad

1-- I remember getting a spanking because I was jumping on my bed! He drove in and saw me through the upstairs window, don't know how he knew to look up!
2--I also remember the trips to Phoenix hauling pigs but I remember leaving at night and coming back in the morning in time to go to school and being very tired.
3--I remember watching cartoons on Sat. mornings until we saw Dad drive in and we would jump up and turn off the tv and pretend we were working.
4--When we lived in CA I drove over with the kids to visit and Dad drove back with me so I wouldn't have to go alone, he stayed a few days and then he flew home.
5--He would try to come to the our kids games and he was always so friendly with others, introduce himself and find out their names and many times find that we were related or that he knew someone they knew.
6--After Marcus was born he and Aunt Millicent came to Temecula to help me, they were there when he got a serious eye infection and had to have a shot every day for awhile.
7--He also came when Brady was born or when I had surgery, not sure which one it was.
8--He loved his Grandkids--Audrey would cry when she would see him in his cowboy hat but as soon as he took it off she was fine. Always sang the dee-dooty-dah-doot-de doot-de doot song they all loved. I sing it now. He taught them to go AHHH after they would swallow a drink--I taught Halle the same! Fun traditions.

-Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mom! Did you tell Grandpa not to spank your "bean-hind"?

    ReplyDelete