Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Angle's Orchard

So I've been teaching Brittlee the letter "a" and thought it'd be fun to do a little field trip up the mountain to Angles Orchard to pick "apples". I invited my mom, Nicole (who didn't come, but sent her kids!), and my friend Tiffany. We got up there about 10:30 and to our complete disappointment it was closed! They don't open until 1 p.m. on Tuesdays, just MY luck! But we made a trip of it anyway. We had packed a lunch, so we just drove up a little farther and had a fun picnic on the mountain. It ended up being really nice. The kids had a great time playing in the creek and hiking around. So, aside from coming home with no apples, we had a splendid time. Grandma's are the best!
I so want to put this rock in my backyard! It's such a good climbing rock, and the kids had so much fun on it.


Moral of this story: check out the website before making the drive! http://www.angleorchard.com/

P.S. So, just wondering, when was the last time any of you were at the cabin? Is it time for a family reunion on Mt. Graham? It's absolutely beautiful this time of year, and my mom says that she "just aches" to be up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment