Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Angel Moroni

I was on my way to Wal-Mart to exchange an item (which I forgot!), and as I came to Central I saw an awe-inspiring sight. Workers were placing the statue of Moroni on the spire of the Gila Valley Temple. I pulled off to the side of the road, and watched. I became overwhelmed with gratitude and emotions unable to express in words. The beautiful sight gave me lumps in my throat, tears in my eyes, and goosebumps on my arms. As I realized the culmination of a dream come true. I left the car with my cell phone and asked someone (who I didn't know) to please take a picture for me. As I became acquainted with the Clonts' I learned that they had heard about the placing of the statue in a round about way. I truly feel I was blessed to go at that time, even though I forgot what I was going for. The Lord works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. This couple (mother and son) asked me if I wanted my picture taken. I said, "yes, of course." I will go by Clonts Jewelry and pick it up later. If it's good, we'll blog it!

I called Cheri and told her what was happening and she, Michele, Ben, and the kids all came and took pictures also. A memorable experience on Halle's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment